What is an EICR?
EICR is a shortened name for an electrical installations condition report. An
EICR is an electrical test to determine whether the installation is up to a
satisfactory condition for continues service. If the electrician is happy with all your electrical appliances, you will receive an EICR certificate. This certificate is only valid for 5 years, you will then need a new EICR test completed.
The main objectives of an EICR are to:
• Record the results of the inspection and testing to ensure the electrical installation is safe to be used until the next inspection
• Find any wear and tear or deterioration to the system that might affect safety, and report it
• Record any parts of the electrical installation that do not meet the latest IET Wiring Regulations
• Find Potential issues that may cause electric shocks, fire risks, or danger to life.
• Provide documentation for O&M Manuals and to compare future test results.
Why is an EICR important?
An EICR is a legal requirement since April 2021. An EICR is important as it ensures that preventative maintenance can be carried out before problems escalate.
EICR's at Specialist Electrical Solutions
Here at Specialist Electrical Solutions, we have completed thousands of EICR tests for multiple different councils. Our engineers will fix any issues found within the EICR test. We aim to complete thousand more EICR tests.