top of page

Most common faults you should look out for!

All electrical faults are disruptive and in some cases, they can become a hazard. We recommend taking some time out of your day to inspect if you have any common faults within your home. If any faults are found within your property we suggest addressing this issue with the help of a trained electrician. 


Frequent power surges

Power surges appear when there is an unexpected interruption in the flow of electricity or when an appliance that is supposed to draw electricity returns it instead. This is most likely the result of a faulty appliance in the home. Unplugging appliances that aren't in use is the simplest way to avoid power surges. 

Mild electric shock

Electric shocks are a serious issue that must be addressed immediately. A faulty electrical appliance or poor wiring can be the cause of an electric shock. A minor electric shock can quickly escalate into a major problem. In any case, allowing an electrician to investigate the problem is the best option. 


High electric bill

A significantly higher electricity bill is frequently an indication that there is an issue with your homes electrical appliences or wiring. Damaged wiring or circuits are the most common causes of a high electric bill. It is best to have an electrical contractor inspect the issue. 

Flickering light bulb

If your light bulb is flickering or turning off frequently before turning back on, the most common causes are that the bulb in use is too high in wattage or the insulation in the ceiling is too close to the bulb. Before contacting an electrician simply make sure the bulb is not loose within the lighting fixture.


Buzzing noise from a socket

A small buzzing noise may appear to be harmless, but it can be dangerous. It could be due to faulty wiring or a loosely connected switch. Both of these issues have the potential to trip the circuit board. If this happens, it is critical to turn off the outlet and have an electrician inspect it. 

Burning smell

If you smell burning coming from a power point on any electrical appliance, turn it off immediately and contact an electrician to inspect the problem. It may be due to the plastic insulation on the wiring. This frequently results in an electrical fire.


Wires sticking out a socket

This can occur if there are old wires or if it has been wired incorrectly; these wires may fall out of the socket and become exposed. if the problem is not addressed properly, it may result in an electrical fire. Please DO NOT tape the wires down and think the problem is solved; instead call an electrician.


Overloaded plug sockets or light fixtures using high-wattage bulbs can pose a hazard. The heat from the bulbs or plugs can cause the fixtures to melt and start an electric fire. The simplest solution is to not have so many appliances plugged in at once.

bottom of page